Hallloo! It’s been awhile! I’m currently in Charleston, SC complete with warm weather, daily runs on The Battery that turn into laying under the palm trees, and the occasional sea otter and dolphin sighting. The sun has been out almost everyday this past week which means that the ocean will be warm enough soon to spend the weekends at Isle of Palms or Folly. Maybe I’ll take up surfing at Folly this year. The waves are big enough here that surfing is a past time of many locals.
I’ve found my local spots including Black Tap Coffee where I get my daily coffee fix while studying. Persimmon near MUSC is my favorite quick sandwich spot at the moment, and it has the best Vanilla Lemonade. I didn’t even know Vanilla Lemonade could exist.
My week is divided into two parts. I have clinic three days of the week and then Friday-Monday is my extended weekend where I study, write, and explore this city! Thankfully, some of my friends are in graduate school here so I have plenty of study buddies. We also need time to decompress so I’m glad for these local guides who give me ins to all the secret tips of navigating Charleston one way streets and places to hang out.
My biggest joy right now is that the weather is nice enough that I can roll down my windows EVERY DAY and listen to music. I’ve found some great songs this month that I think I’m going to keep around for awhile. Some I just added yesterday and became popular this weekend! Let’s finish off February strong, friends!
Pop, Dance, International.
Do we sense a theme to my music choices? I’ve included some of my roll-down-your-windows-and-drive songs on this playlist that I’ve been dancing to driving around CHS in this wonderful weather. Favs include Heaven by Julia Michaels and Pray for Me by Kendrick Lamar.
- Ahead of Myself by X Ambassadors
- Heaven by Julia Michaels
- HOLD ME TIGHT OR DON’T by Fall Out Boy
- She Loves Control by Camila Cabello
- MAMA by BTS
- Sucker for You by Matt Terry
- Mercy by Shawn Mendes
- Stranger Things by Kygo and OneRepublic
- My! My! My! By Troye Sivan
- Say Something by Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton
- Find You by Nick Jonas
- Am I Wrong by Nico & Winz
- Love So Soft by Kelly Clarkson
- Move by TAEMIN
- like that by Bea miller
- Real Friends by Camila Cabello
- Despacito – Remix by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, and Justin Bieber
- Say It To My Face by Maty Noyes
- The Middle by Zedd, Maren Morris, and Grey
- Stargazing by Kygo and Justin Jesso
- Am I Wrong by Keb’ Mo’
- Smoke Clears by Andy Grammer
- Sick Boy by The Chainsmokers
- Pray for Me (with Kendrick Lamar) by The Weeknd and Kendrick Lamar
- Silence by Marshmello and Khalid