BNA to CHS
I’m back from a hiatus this week with some news! I’m officially all moved in and settled in Charleston, SC for a clinical rotation to complete my Master’s degree. I’m sad to be out of Nashville for the semester, but I think it will be a fantastic experience! Stay posted for new updates on life in Charleston over the next few months!
As I start the semester, I can’t help but look back on all the things that I did in Nashville since starting undergrad. But in the past few months, I’ve experienced a new side of the city and a new side of graduate school life. So, as an experiment and a fun reflection activity, I’ve tried to sum up my semester in 20 sentences. I don’t think I can fully convey the themes of this semester, but I can sure try!
- Never underestimate the power of coffee and shopping therapy.
- The best friends are the ones who were always right in front of us but we finally had the courage to bring them closer.
- Bodily habits don’t really bother nurses even when they are eating.
- In trap shooting, a true pair means two clay pigeons shot at the same time not that pair of shoes I’ve been eyeing at Nordstrom.
- Talking to the child I was nannying that stood outside the bathroom door: “Can you wait in the living room for me while I go to the bathroom?”
- Her response to me: “No.”
- Hiking 20 miles can be fun when you have a good hiking partner.
- Friendships across cities take work and can reveal the deepest cracks in the relationship but also show the biggest strengths.
- The best first dates are the ones that are completely unexpected and leave you breathless whether or not it works out in the end.
- Everyone should find themselves friends that call them up at 8pm on a school night and ask if you want to go to a jazz speak easy and hint that you should change clothes before going because you aren’t dressed appropriately.
- New things are always good to try even if they are case competitions in a different industry than that which you are studying, and a man who sold his company for millions is competing against you because he decided to go back to school to study law.
- It’s always good to have a basic knowledge of as many languages and cultures as possible.
- Beer grows on you when there are friends around you who brew it and are stuck on teaching you how to like it.
- My happy place is the backseat of an airplane traveling somewhere new.
- It’s good to do things that scare you, and it’s okay to cry when they don’t work out.
- To a kiddo: “What kind of animal do you want to be?”
- Response: “I want to be a ghost.”
- Do you know how encouraging it is when someone says “this fur/leather looks like something you would wear?”
- Sometimes leaving a city can be harder than you thought it would be now matter how excited you are for the next part of your life.
- Above all else, the Lord is forever faithful.
Looking forward to a new chapter in my life especially in a *hopefully* warm place!